Thursday, April 16, 2009

Checked at Checkpoint...

Had a rather bollocks day driving around and getting stuck in jams the other day, in JB, i.e... Apart from a severe lack of sleep due to tooth pains and from hanging around too many night birds, I was feeling kinda floaty last 1, 2 weeks... Lots of stuffs ongoing in the mind, changes to be made to my life, etc... I was talking to one of my friends, Nat, the other evening, we were talking about mid life crisis... Or rather, I was talking about mid life crisis... Bummer, bummer, bummer...

Anyhow, back to the story, I wanted to go in to JB to request for a copy of the Malaysian's yellow pages... Managed to get a copy but not sure if it was really useful... We, 7 of us, then head to some hawker centre for a major bite' kids, adults, everyone was starving. My colleague ordered BBQ stuffs, curry fish head, etc... I must say, I didn't quite enjoy the BBQ stuffs... Though the BBQ sotong was goody... Afterwhich we went to Jusco... A large shopping complex about the size of the new Jurong point...

Anyway, I had quite an experience when we were on the way back from Jusco... I had 2 friends in the car, 1 was my colleague, the other sort of young friend :), my boss's teenage daughter... We passed all the checks and were ready to rove back to Singapore... Just right about hitting the exit, we were stopped again by an Indian police officer... He then requested for all our passports. He first requested for my colleague to produce his passport, they spoke briefly in malay, then he was telling us to hand out our passports...

Next, I was told to drive into this little hole, with barriers up the top... Hmm, it was a narrow little hole... I had to squeeze my corolla into the lot... Told to off the engine, take car keys out, wallet and stuffs all out and everyone out. Colleague was taken to a private room next to the hole. Boss's daughter and I got out the car, told to pull everything out of our pockets. Then we were body searched... Hmmm... We were told its routine checking... Afterwhich, wallets, pockets, everything checked, I was told to open up the bonnet and wait for the rest of the car to be checked... Screened, pass. We then hang around there chatting with the lady officer, about job type, etc, while still waiting for my colleague. Apparently he was stripped to the nude... Of course, none of us knew what happened to him till we were back in the car, waiting for exit... My colleague came out, we were told then it wasn't necessary to check the rest of the car, we can leave! :) Just about heading out the final traffic light, we saw those teeth sticking out from the ground. It was red light. We were told not to move, wait, wait, wait... Soon, those teeth folded back into the ground, lights turned green, we were told to go... Weee! Fly away!!!

I must say I got no idea why we got checked... Perhaps it was my corolla... Our faces... Or the weird combination of 1 malaysian cook, 1 singaporean woman and 1 singaporean teenager... None of us had any link to each other and we went on a trip to JB... Kekeke... :p

No comments: