Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fishing!!!

I went fishing today... I guess it was a series of wrongs, right from the start of day...
Me girlfriend rang me this morning at 9ish to cancel deep sea fishing today... I said okay... I couldn't get back to sleep... Got up, blah blah here and there... Right about 12ish, I went to take a nap, dont know why, I just needed that power nap... Hmm, perhaps I am getting old... Ha! 1ish I got up for the loo and saw like 6 missed calls... I returned the sms and went to wash up, brush teeth and wash face for the 2nd time... Phone rang... I didnt answer... Returned call after, it was almost 2pm... GF say lets go fishing... BUT, I need to get there by 2.30pm... Err, I was at Bt Panjang, I cant drive me old car to West Coast within 10mins, also, I cant get myself showered and packed in time... Nonetheless, I felt like my GF wanted me to go, I said ok, if I dont call by 245pm I am not going... She hung up and I went on to get ready...
I reached West Coast at 3.05pm... Nobody there... Her hubby went to pick up their nephew... So I rang my GF, coffeeshop belongs to them, you see, we waited for him to come back and I had a coffee black, my usual fav... When he got back, he was telling me its too late to fish... Tide and all, of course, I dont really understand much of it... So I was thinking should I go home? Then they sat down and chatted for a short wee while... Next, we are going again! It was almost 3.30pm... We head out to buy prawn baits and reached RSYC about 4pm... No time to lose, we headed out to sea soon...

Winds heavy, waves heavy... I guess my little body got bit sick from the extreme wind and tide conditions... I felt really sick... I put aside my hand line and went for a couple of puffs... I was like on the verge of vommit... I could feel the back of my head in pins and needles and I could feel my fingers mildly trembling from the discomfort... Still I held on, I didnt wanna be a party pooper... Went to sit at boat front for fresh air and away from minute details... Somehow, those minute details make me giddy and sick... Can you believe, even stuffs like, looking at my friend talking make me wanna puke?? Looking at the fishes mouths open and close make me wanna puke... The buoyancy in me was completely off... I was desperately looking for calming solution... My GF gave me a candy to chew on, it was bit sour, soon I start to feel better... So the old wives tale of taking suan mei when pregnant, cant be too far off... Kekeke!! So I was back on, wanting to fish again... By this time, it was already too late, fishes are probably off somewhere else playing... Hmm, poor me, no catch at all today... :'(
Take a look at me after sour candy...


Okay, so that was it fishing... We all packed up soon after as baits were all used up... Headed back to RSYC and preparing for dinner... Everyone was hungry...

Here is a look at some of the fishes we caught today... If not for the tide, I think our efforts would be doubled! :)


Tip for the light hearted! Dont go out to sea if you get motion sickness from violent movements~! Better stay indoors and be good! :p


Anyhow, to summarise, still it was a good day afterall. :)

No comments: